10.28.2009

the LA zoo.

We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch on our preschool field trip, but with rain in the forecast we rescheduled it. After living in LA for a couple of years I have noticed that whenever there is rain in the forecast for LA it does not rain. My mom came up and spent the night so she could go with the boys and me to the pumpkin patch. Since I was sure that it wasn't going to rain we decided to go to the LA zoo. I convinced Lauren that it wouldn't rain so she brought Alex and Austin too. It poured! It poured and poured and poured! But we don't mind the rain so we had lots of fun. The kids loved the animals, especially the sleeping hippo. 13 October 2009


look out mud, here we come!

All of that rain we had here in Southern California created lots of glorious mud for my boys to get their boyhood on. We suited up with rain boots and beanies and ran out to play in all of the goopy browness. Gaige thinks it is really fun to splash his hands in the muddy water and then lick them. If I let him he would lap up the muddy puddles like a puppy. He always attempts this but gets caught. One thing I love about my boys is their love for mud. They have so much fun splashing and stomping in it. I mean just look how much fun they have. What kind of mommy would I be if I denied them the sheer pleasure of playing in the mud like little boys should? They make me laugh!
















3 people love me:

Austin said...

What a nice mom you are, I don't know if I would let me kids do that!

Hawks said...

your kids are too cute. It is like looking at matt miniature..

Aubrey Messick said...

Those boys of yours are just too stinkin cute!!!