10.07.2010

finding faith in los angeles.

My best friend Faith came to visit from Salt Lake for a week while Matt was in Oregon at a conference. The boys were so excited to have her come and even helped her with her luggage.
The first place we went was the Santa Monica Pier. Who knew we would have so much fun! We met this awesome street performer with hula hoops and lots of other great stuff. He taught us how to hula hoop and gave the boys multiple balloons, they kept popping them.. He also sang a song that goes: Who's that baby's mama? You that baby's mama... that Gaige sings to me. We grabbed some corn dogs from Hot Dog on a Stick and had fun walking up and down the pier. Then on our way home in traffic Gaige had to go pee so we were forced to pull over and have ice cream cones at McDonalds!


We also checked out the new visitors' center at the Los Angeles Temple. We got to see some of the cute sister missionaries that used to serve in our ward and check out the fun stuff for the kids to do. The boys loved seeing the statue of the Savior. Then we walked around the temple grounds.



I also took Faith to my favorite beach spot in Santa Monica - Ocean Park : Tower 26. It was warmer than it had been all summer and the boys actually went in the water for the first time this summer. Oh ya! It's not summer anymore!


Our friend Rick was a gem and let us leave the boys with him so we could go to the Relief Society General Broadcast. When we got back Rick and the kids were about to start their 3rd movie viewing (Ice Age 1, 2 and 3) so we got in our jammies and joined them before calling it a night.




We also took Faith to our other favorite place...Disneyland! It was the hottest day of the year at a whopping 115 degrees in Anaheim. It was hot, but we managed to stay about 4 1/2 hours and enjoyed every minute, especially the minutes we spent in air conditioning! The ride home was a different story with 2 hot, sweaty and cranky boys.



When Matt came back home we took off and had some girl time down at 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. We shopped a little and saw the movie "You Again" which was a cute and funny chick flick. Then I conned Faith into eating at Norms. It's like a Denny's and there are a few around L.A. For some reason I have always wanted to eat there, but never have. Boy was I missing out! Granted, I have been on a diet off and on forever, but the California Cheeseburger and onion rings were amazing! Faith also thoroughly enjoyed her giant salad. I can't believe I waited so long to go to Norms. I highly recommend it! Thanks Faith for making my dreams come true!

The boys and I had so much fun with Aunt Faith. They still ask where she is and want to play with her because she is full of fun! We love you, Faith!


P. S. For those of you reading this, Faith is beautiful, amazing and single so if you know any handsome, faithful men in Salt Lake let me know so we can set them up!

2 people love me:

Emily Andrus said...

What a fun visit from Faith who is such an awesome girl! I can't look at your blog cuz I miss LA too much. You are looking gorgeous with bangs and platinum hair! We never ate at Norms either...glad to hear the rave reviews. Your boys are growing so much and look adorable. The Kara ambien thing was hilarious. Me and Trish already discussed that!

Stouts said...

Your boys are so dang cute. I wish we had been around to see the new visitor's center, but I'm sure we'll get to enjoy it in the future. Miss you a ton and still love your bangs! (I stopped rockin mine in this awesome humid climate that makes any cute hair style impossible).