1.07.2012

"i don't wanna be growed up!"
The topic of conversation between the two redheads in the backseat has often been about growing up. Gaige has a huge oversion to growing up and Bentley can't wait. So they argue. The argument goes something like this:
G: I don't wanna be growed up.
B: But Gaige, if you don't grow up you can't win trophies and play sports.
G: I don't wanna be growed up.
B: But Gaige, if you don't grow up you can't be a daddy and have babies.
G: I wanna be 3, I am not going to be 4.
B: You have to grow up!
G: I am not growing up!
B: Yes you are!
G: No I'm not!
So we have Bentley who can't wait to grow up, win trophies, go to dentist school, get married in the temple, and be a daddy. And then we have Gaige who doesn't even want to be four years old! He also does not want to be a sunbeam. My parents got him a Book of Mormon with his name engraved on it and had him pick out a scripture case. He did not want the book and had to be convinced to pick out a case. Once in primary he didn't require Matt to stay with him and answered questions. My friend reported that the teacher told a story about something that made her sad and Gaige sad that when he spills his cereal (something he did that morning) and pees in his pants he is sad. Once in sharing and singing time he sat in his chair pretty much the entire time, and wanted to participate so badly! It took him awhile to notice that I was sitting in the same room. Once he realized he would look back and smile at me occassionally. He still says he does not want to be a sunbeam. He was adorable and I am so glad I got to see him in action on his first day of primary.
Bentley is super excited to be a CTR4. My parents got him a CTR ring that he keeps in the car so he can wear it to church. When first trying to say CTR4 he kept saying CT30, getting it mixed up with C3P0! He still has a hard time sitting in his chair, but answers all of the questions and loves to sing. He has a much better seat than he used to and doesn't need to stand in his chair anymore to see the speaker, teacher or chorister. And for some reason he thinks it is ok to take his shoes off in singing and sharing time! And he still gives me mean looks.
This week we managed to make it to the pool 4 days in a row! It has been so warm and the boys have been asking for weeks to go to the pool, even when it was super cold outside. So we did it. And it was great! The boys played and ate while I tanned my preggo chub reading a book. Not feeling so hot in my swimsuit, but there wasn't anyone there to judge me anyhow! Bentley mentioned that he wanted to live in Utah. When I explained to him that he couldn't go to the pool right now if we lived in Utah he changed his mind and said he'd like to live in California and just visit Utah. That's the plan, Bentley.

0 people love me: