sweet baby gaige.
Gaige has had a difficult time adjusting to the fact that Bentley goes to a different school. Last year they always enjoyed seeing each other at school in chapel and through the window when each had their recess time on the playground. Bentley would always run straight to Gaige's class to pick him up once I signed him out. And Gaige always wanted to see what Bentley got to take home each day. This year Gaige is so excited to be in Bentley's old class and have Bentley's old teacher as his teacher. Now that Bentley goes to another school he wants to go to the same school. Even at church the other day he said he didn't like his class and was ready to go to Bentley's class and have Bentley's teacher. He keeps asking when he gets to go to Bentley's school and Bentley's primary class. It just might be a long year for him!
Today Bentley had early out at school so class started at 7:45. Luckily, our neighbor Suzette and I are doing a carpool on Tuesdays since our kids have class at the same time. Gaige was very disappointed that he didn't get to ride in Suzette's car this morning. He came into my room and told me he didn't get to say goodbye to Bentley so I told him to run downstairs and say bye. He came back up and told me that Bentley did not wave his hand at him. And then he said the most precious thing, "I hope Bentley has a good day at school today." My heart melted. He truly loves his brother.
Before Matt came to pick Gaige up to take him to his soccer game he told me that he wanted to be on Bentley's team. I am beginning to realize that Gaige's best friend is Bentley. He rarely talks about other kids (who tell their parents he is their best friend), and always waits for Bentley to make a choice so he can make the same choice, unless it's eating a hot dog for lunch! He doesn't ask to play with any friends, he just wants to play with his brother.
I am so glad that I get to spend some special time with him, something we have never had. He is a sweet, sensitive boy and I hope we can make some memories between just the two of us this year before he is off to school every day too.
Shayla, our new little neighbor that is 5 asked the boys yesterday if they were twins. They told her no and then she asked why they looked the same. Gaige said, "I have green eyes and Bentley has blue eyes." I was impressed with his response.
0 people love me:
Post a Comment