vacation.
Finally! Matt has 3 weeks off from school. We started our vacation by going down to Orange County to celebrate Matt's birthday with his family. His mom and sisters met at his sister Carrie's home in Portola Hills to party. We had tons of fun. Bentley was amused all day by his older cousins and the Wii. And Gaige got lots of attention from his aunts and grandma. We had so much fun. I got to play scrabble, eat good food, and make another awesome cake. It was german chocolate with french silk ice cream in the middle and the coconut pecan frosting on top. Matt played Wii, made balloon animals, and ate lots of food.
How old is Matt? He is still a baby. I say that because I am only a couple months younger than he is and will be turning 28 in November as well.
We spent the rest of the week at my parents' house. On Thursday, September 4th my new niece Blake Emery Power was born. We went to visit her at the hospital just 20 minutes after she was born. She was tiny and only weighed 6 lbs 13 oz. Her brothers and sister were so excited to meet her. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet. I did get my new batteries in the mail yesterday so from now on I will be better at photographing everything. I will add some pictures when I get ahold of some.
We went to the beach, hung out with friends, and I even got to go to a bridal shower down in San Diego for my friend Molly from high school. We headed back up to LA on Sunday night and will be here a few more days before heading back to the OC to hang out with Aubs. We can't wait to see you, Aubs!
This week we are going to go to the beach, Disneyland, and Matt is going golfing too. We are trying to live it before Matt's hardest year of dental school begins in 2 weeks.
3 people love me:
hey you went all girly with your blog...cute! How nice to finally have Matt have some time off and spend some time with family. your bhoys are growing too fast, make them stop, at least until we come out to visit.
jealous!
happy birthday, matt.
...and also, can you please make me a cake like that? and mail it? like today? pretty please?
craving it.
I LOVED seeing you and I am so sad neither of us had cameras. My favorite memory is Bentley crying when I walked away. It took him a minute to warm up to me, but I won my little red head over. I'm here all week! Come back to Newport!
Post a Comment