2.25.2009

puddle jumpin'.


All this rain has brought lots of fun times playing in the puddles along with it. Bentley found this one long, muddy puddle and kept running through it over and over. And then he tripped and fell covering his front side with lots of browness. I consider myself an amazing mother when I can put my ocd tendencies away and let my toddler play in the mud!
cabbage patch kid.
So lately I've been told many times by lots of different people that Gaige looks like a cabbage patch kid. It's those big dimples, his irresistable smile, and square little face. He is way too cute! At the age of 10 months he has surpassed Bentley in weight by .1 lb. He weighs 24.6 lbs and can wear the same clothes as Bentley.
He loves the teeter totter, slide, and climbing nets. And he gets very excited to see all of the fun things his big brother can do. He thinks he should be able to do all of the same things. He can wave bye bye, give high fives, and loves to give kisses (often 10 or more in a row). And his giggles are the most precious sound to my ears. He loves his stuffed monkey that he loves to cuddle and kiss. And he eats his breakfast, Bentley's breakfast, and mine too. He would eat all day long if we let him. I love to squeeze him.


happy helper.

Bentley loves to sit on the counter and watch or help everytime I'm cooking something up. Though it can mostly get on my nerves, it is too cute that his favorite thing to do is hold the handmixer, with no help, and then lick the beaters. I have no idea why he likes cake batter so much! He has yet to try cookie dough, I don't think I'll get him started on that quite yet.

aubs.

One of my bestfriends from college was in town and had some time to hang out before hitting a dance-a-thon at USC. We went to 3rd Street Promenade to hang out with the boys for a little bit. She helped me entertain them and even bought us some McDonald's for lunch as we sat and listened to the worst musician we've ever heard. Then Matt watched the boys so we could go see a chick flick. We had a great time and hope Aunt Aubs comes back soon. This picture is awful, but whatever.

3 people love me:

Hammond Fam said...

Holy freakin' skinny Jaime!! Goodness, I know you are busy, but you need to eat girl!! I really hope you aren't planning on losing anymore weight?!! Don't get me wrong...you look great - I just don't think you need to lose ANYMORE weight...K!!

Aubrey Messick said...

You are the BEST mom ever for letting Bentley jump around in that mud puddle. :)

And FYI- I just now realized that your blog is private which is why your new posts never show up in my goodle reader. Duh Aubrey! Haha!

Melly Mel said...

that picture is not awful. You can't look bad at all ever jamie. he does look like a cabbage patch kid. I love looking at your blog. so cute! xxx