4.14.2009

pop pop.


This morning at 8:30 am Bentley asked me if he could watch Monsters. He said the word so clearly I asked him to say "pretty please". He said "petty peeese" and then I asked for a kiss. He gave me a kiss. Then I asked him to say "I love you". He tried, but it didn't sound very close to the real words. So I gave in and let him watch Monsters Inc. After 10 minutes he asked for "pop pop". So we popped some popcorn and ate it before it was even 9:00 am! I am such a nice mommy.

easters.


On Friday we started our Easter festivities by having an Easter Egg Hunt with all of our friends. We had about 30 kids and their parents barbecue and hunt for eggs. Everyone brought me 10 Easter eggs filled with candy for each of their kids. Then we hid them on the playground and lined up the kids to go and find them. We had tons of fun and everyone brought some great food. This is Bentley making sure his Easter basket works.

On Saturday we went to Matt's sister's house to hang out. Grandma was there too! Bentley loved playing the Wii and he and Gaige loved playing with their dog Zoe. They gave her lots of kisses. Uncle Rob took his post at the barbecue as usual and cooked up some great chicken, steak, and shark. We dyed Easter eggs and had lots of fun. Bentley even snuck a bowl of jelly beans to share with Gaige. They stuffed themselves silly with them. Gaige tried feeding Bentley and Bentley tried feeding Zoe.

Easter morning came very early. Bentley woke up at 6:40 am! I'd like to attribute it to the fact that he knew the Easter Bunny was coming, but it's not true. He's been waking up early the last few days. After breakfast and a bath Bentley and Gaige opened their Easter baskets. Man is it hard trying to get 2 babies to look at the camera at the same time when there are chocolate and jelly beans in the mix!
After church we went over to Trace and Leslie's for an awesome Easter dinner. The kids hid Easter eggs for Bentley to find, jumped on the trampoline, and blew bubbles.
On our way back up to L.A. we stopped by Carrie and Rob's again to see Lori, Connor, Barbara, Kevin, and Ashley.
It was a very busy weekend! We had a great time with all of our family. We are especially grateful for our Savior and the gift of eternal life that he has given us.




Happy Easter!
Love,
The Johnsons

5 people love me:

megan&steve said...

What a festive & fun weekend!

ashley g. said...

Wow! That is a lot of kids! I bet it was one crazy but wonderful Easter. And can I just say that I adore your boys? They are far too cute.

Maria said...

I love the family picture. Those boys are getting so big!

Morgan Moore said...

Jaime- Morgan Moore here. I am wondering if you can send me the group shot of all the kids before the easter egg hunt? I didn't have my camera that day.

Thanks!!

xo
Morganautumnmoore@yahoo.com

Hawks said...

That family picture is just way too cute..the top you are wearing...cute! it makes me sick to see you so skinny...i just loving being pregnant and not wearing cute clothes!!!!!!!!