I cannot believe my baby is one year old! When Matt and I went to get him out of his crib the morning of his birthday we sang Happy Birthday to him. He cried...a lot! I think it was a little bit weird to him.
For his birthday we went down to my parents' house to spend his special day with family. Brick, Laura, Ann, Alex, Adam, and Allison were visiting for their spring break. And Trace, Leslie, Alexa, Chance, Dane, and Blake came over to party with us too. The kids played in the pool and we had a barbecue.
Since Gaige loves monkeys we had a Curious George party for him. I made some monkey cupcakes, a small monkey cake just for Gaige, and a big monkey cake for everyone else. He wasn't too interested in the cake until Grams gave him a fork. Though he didn't enjoy the cake too much he really liked playing with his presents and loved the curly ribbon (just like Bentley did when he turned one).
Dear Gaige,
You are my Chubby Muffin. I love you so much and I am very grateful that you are part of our eternal family. I could not imagine my life without you and your adorable dimples.
You love to giggle and laugh and are probably the most ticklish baby ever. You love to give kisses and hugs, and you are really great at sticking your finger up your nose. You always make us laugh with the silly things you do, like laying on top of Bentley, crawling with your head down and bulldozing, making monkey sounds, eating sand by the handful, and chewing on the walls.
Your favorite thing to do is suck your thumb and cuddle with something fluffy. You also like to point at stuff and say "duh", play with Bentley, go down the slide at the playground, and play in the bathtub. Your favorite toy is a ball which was your first word. You are almost completely walking. And you are the fastest crawling baby I've ever seen! You are so amazing and learning new things each day.
I love you,
Mommy
dodger game.Matt and I left the boys with our neighbor so we could go to the Dodger game on Thursday night. We went with Matt's class and sat in the all you can eat section. This means all of the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, popcorn, and soda you can eat. It was definitely an interesting experience. The all you can eat section attracts a spunky and far from classy crowd. You would think that being full would make everyone lathargic and happy. But they must be serving angry hot dogs. There were fights, cross dressers, and lots of interesting people to look at. This made it a little bit difficult to actually watch the game. It was a fun night out regardless of the weird Dodger fans.
disneyland.
The boys and I met my parents and Brick's family and Disneyland last Wednesday. We had so much fun and I actually got to ride some big kid rides for once. It's probably been about 13 years since I've ridden Splash Mountain and Space Mountain...oh the memories! Bentley is now aware of everything around him so he was a little bit scared on Pirates and the Haunted House which is a bit of a bummer because Pirates is my favorite ride. He and Gaige loved Small World. Bentley sat with Ann, Alex, and Adam in the front of the boat and had so much fun pointing at things and saying "Wow!" Gaige sat with my Dad and danced to the music the entire time.
7 people love me:
Hi, will you go to disney with me. I cant believe gage is one. Time flies. Are you ready for the third, j.k..
He is a chubby little muffin. CUTE
What rockin' cakes those are! You've got some serious skill. Happy Birthday Gaige.
stop the birthday cake madness! you are such a good mommy! and so skinny. i am feeling very tubby and squishy and wish i had your hot bod.
Wow, He is so cute! Happy birthday Gaige!! I can't believe the cakes you have made, wow!
Happy first birthday! Your mommy is so creative & crafty with your curious george cake!
YEAHHHH GAIGE!
You are such a cute mommy Jamie! THose monkey cakes! SO creative! I love it. Are you on facebook? Also, SOrry I didn't get a chance to see you while I was down. I was at the beach briefly but didn't get a chance to see you. Looks like things are going well. Miss you guys! xx
Post a Comment