4.24.2009

check it.

My friend Michelle introduced me to this unbelievably awesome website called http://www.blurb.com/. It "slurps" your blog into the software you download from the website and turns it into a book. You can pick from tons of layouts, backgrounds, and change it to look just how you want it to look.

Why does this excite me? Because now I won't feel guilty about not scrapbooking or keeping a journal. I can just do it all on my blog and then turn it into a cool book. No more guilt! The cost of the book depends on the size. Michelle did a huge one for about $75. I think it's totally worth it. So go for it and feel no more guilt!

I did run into one problem. When my photos are uploaded to my blog it lowers the resolution so I actually had to replace the slurped photos with the originals on my computer. Even if you don't post particular photos on your blog you can add them into your book.

Have fun!

5 people love me:

Ashlee said...

Thanks for this info...I was wondering how I could turn my blog into a book someday. I already downloaded the booksmart program and I'm getting started on editing.

The Morris Fam said...

I've known about this deal for a year and am glad you reminded me because I need to get my butt in gear. Happy Birthday Gaige!!!That is so funny that he cried when you sang to him!

ashley g. said...

I've been searching for this (mentally- thanks for actually finding it!)!!

And I can't believe that Gaige is already 1!! How are your boys growing so fast??

Em said...

Do you know if it works with private blogs?

thepowerfamily said...

Yeah!!!Thanks for the info..